Procedures for in-person events on campus are subject to change pending CDC and/or local county and state guidance.
The In-Person Event Committee will not review academic department sponsored events. Academic departments should reference the Academic Continuity Plan for the Fall 2021 Term (PDF) for guidance. Regardless of vaccination status, any event held indoors requires that all persons wear a mask or face covering.
Any indoor or outdoor event that does not exceed 150 persons will not need approval from the In-Person Event Committee. However, organizers are required to comply with college COVID practices, this includes but may not be limited to:
- Any event held indoors requires that all persons wear a mask or face covering.
- Any event held outdoors requires that all unvaccinated participants wear a mask/face covering and remain socially distant. Vaccinated individuals will not need to wear a mask/face covering.
- Faculty, staff, and students of the college should also be following the regulations required of them as outline by Human Resources or Health Services regarding vaccination status and/or weekly testing, etc.
- The event host must be in attendance at the event for the full duration.
- The event host is responsible for ensuring that any outside lecturers or presenters show proof of vaccine or a negative PCR test within 72 hours prior to arrival on campus.
- The “Purchase College Academic Continuity Plan for the Fall 2021 Term” outlines other operational requirements of the college.
- If contractors will be used, a signed COVID-19 – Contractor Expectations shall be submitted.
Indoor or outdoor events that exceeds 150 persons must obtain approval. To start the review process, please complete the In-Person Event Request From.
If you have questions or need additional guidance, please contact Louis Wirtz at firstname.lastname@example.org.