As we continue to face challenges presented by COVID-19, the Care Team was created to assist students in face-to-face or virtual classes when they test positive for COVID-19 or are required to isolate per CDC guidelines.
Team members will contact students identified through contact tracing or by self-disclosure to any faculty or staff member when they are required to quarantine or isolate.
The team is identifying isolation and quarantine as follows:
- Isolation separates sick people with a contagious disease from people who are not sick.
- Quarantine separates and restricts the movement of people who were exposed to a contagious disease to see if they become sick.
Outreach will be conducted directly to the student through their Purchase email or via telephone and include contact from the following offices:
- Health Services
- Quarantine Coordinator
- Counseling Center
- Academic Affairs and Disability Resources
- Student Affairs
For Faculty and Staff
Faculty and staff, please contact the Care Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to inform the team of any student that may need assistance.
Students many also directly contact the team at the same email.
While some outreach is optional, this team was developed ensure the academic success of our student body as we proceed through the Fall 2020 semester, as well as any efforts needed for success in Spring 2021.
The team consists of:
- Interim Vice President/Dean of Students (Patricia Bice)
- Assistant Dean for Student Affairs (Melissa Glazer)
- Assistant Dean of Students and Enrollment (Jennifer Shingelo)
- Administrative Director of Health Services (Adrienne Belluscio)
- Director of Counseling (Cathie Chester)
- Director of Disability Resources (Lauren Rodriguez)
- Director of Residential Services (Antony Ware)
- Quarantine Coordinator (Sonya Alexander)
- Director of Community Standards (Tatiana Perez)
- Chief of Police and Assistant Chief of Police (Dayton Tucker and Sam Ramos)