We don’t conduct evaluative interviews for admissions—except for a few programs in the visual and performing arts—but we love to chat anytime.
If you’d like to speak with an admissions counselor, we are happy to do informative interviews by appointment. You can schedule one in advance for any weekday between 9am and 4pm by calling the Office of Admissions at 914-251-6300.
Note: For programs that do not require an interview for admission, your admissions decision will not be impacted if you choose not to have one.
Interview and portfolio reviews for programs like Acting, Film, and Music, are a part of their specific application processes, and are by invitation only.
- Theatre Design/Technology requires an interview of all applicants.
- Film, and Music students must submit a portfolio or video submission in Slideroom first – if selected, they will be asked to attend an in-person interview or audition.
- Acting and Dance students must make a Slideroom submission in addition to attending an audition.
- Creative Writing students must submit a writing portfolio in Slideroom.
- Art + Design students need to make a portfolio submission for admissions.
- Theatre & Performance students must submit a resume of theatrical experience.
- EOP requires an in-person interview once you’ve been deemed eligible for the program.