We don’t conduct evaluative interviews for admissions—except for a few programs in the visual and performing arts—but we love to chat anytime.
Personal interviews are not a required part of the application process (except for a few programs in the visual and performing arts), but they can provide an opportunity for you to provide more insight into your personal academic journey as well as your goals and aspirations.
Not only do interviews give us the opportunity to know you better but you can get to know us better too. Interviews are conducted on campus by admissions counselors who can give you a better understanding of how your needs will be met and your interests will be fostered at Purchase College.
Appointments for interviews must be scheduled in advance after you have submitted an application for admission. Typically interviews are offered weekdays between 9am and 4pm and can be arranged by calling the Office of Admissions at 914-251-6300.
Note: For programs that do not require an interview for admission, your admissions decision will not be impacted if you choose not to have one.
Interview and portfolio reviews for programs like Acting, Film, and Music, are a part of their specific application processes, and are by invitation only.
- Theatre Design/Technology requires an interview of all applicants.
- Film, and Music students must submit a portfolio or video submission in Slideroom first – if selected, they will be asked to attend an in-person interview or audition.
- Acting and Dance students must make a Slideroom submission in addition to attending an audition.
- Creative Writing students must submit a writing portfolio in Slideroom.
- Art + Design students need to make a portfolio submission for admissions.
- Theatre & Performance students must submit a resume of theatrical experience.
- EOP requires an in-person interview once you’ve been deemed eligible for the program.