SUNY Upstate Partnership
Upstate Accelerated Scholars Program (UAS)
Purchase College has an agreement with SUNY Upstate Medical University Norton College of Medicine that allows admitted Purchase students seeking any degree (BA, BS, or BFA) to be guaranteed acceptance into Upstate’s doctor of Allopathic Medicine (MD) Program if they satisfy the following eligibility requirements:
- An excellent high School GPA with a 90% average minimum.
- Extra-curricular activities that document some experience in a healthcare setting and commitment to service work.
- Combined Math and Reading SAT scores of 1200 or better or ACT score of 25 Composite or better.
At Purchase College
- Completion of graduation requirements for the specific degree program.
- Completion of Medical School prerequisite courses: Biology 1 and 2, General Chemistry 1 and 2, Organic Chemistry 1, General Physics 1 and 2, including labs for all listed courses, Biochemistry and Statistics, with no grade lower than a B.
NOTE: These courses must be taken at Purchase, transfer credit is not allowed.
- Carry a full course load of at least 12 credits each semester.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher.
- Completion and documentation of 40 hours of volunteer service while an undergraduate.
The MCAT requirement for admission into Upstate is waived for individuals that are accepted into the program.
Acceptance into UAS is binding.
Students who apply to other medical schools once accepted into SUNY Upstate will be immediately withdrawn from the Upstate Accelerated Scholars Program.
Apply by November 15.
Students who wish to be considered for this program must apply by November 15.
Frequently Asked Questions (.docx)
For additional information on application and curriculum requirements, please contact Beatriz Martin-Ruiz, Associate Director of Admissions, Purchase College for details.