SUNY Upstate Partnerships
SUNY Upstate Medical University College of Medicine, Guaranteed Entry Program
Purchase College has an agreement with SUNY Upstate Medical University College of Medicine that allows admitted Purchase students seeking any degree (BA, BS, or BFA) to be guaranteed acceptance into Upstate’s doctor of Allopathic Medicine (MD) Program if they satisfy the following eligibility requirements:
- An excellent high School GPA with a 90% average minimum.
- Extra-curricular activities that document some experience in a healthcare setting and commitment to service work.
- Combined Math and Reading SAT scores of 1360 or better or ACT score of 29 Composite or better.
- Completion of graduation requirements for the specific degree program.
- Completion of Medical School prerequisite courses: Biology 1 and 2, General Chemistry 1 and 2, Organic Chemistry 1, General Physics 1 and 2 including labs for all listed courses, Biochemistry and Statistics, with no grade lower than a B. NOTE: These courses must be taken at Purchase, transfer credit for them is not allowed.
- Carry a full course load of at least 12 credits each semester.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher.
- Completion and documentation of 40 hours of volunteer service while an undergraduate.
The MCAT requirement for admission into Upstate is waived for individuals that are accepted into the program.
Acceptance into Upstate Accelerated Scholars is binding.
Students who apply to other medical schools once accepted into SUNY Upstate will be immediately withdrawn from Upstate Accelerated Scholars.
Students who wish to be considered for this program must apply by November 15.
For additional information on application and curriculum requirements, please contact Caitlin Read, Dean of Enrollment Management, Purchase College for details.
SUNY Upstate Medical University College of Medicine, Early Assurance Program
In addition, Sophomores at Purchase College in any major are eligible to apply to the Early Assurance Program at Upstate Medical.
- Must have a 3.5 minimum GPA each semester with no grades lower than C
- Score 509 on the MCAT
- SAT score of 1360 or higher
- ACT score of at least 29 composite
- 5 out of 8 science courses completed prior to application ( 3-4 semester hours for each)
- General Biology and lab
- General Biology 2 and lab
- General Chemistry 1 and lab
- General Chemistry 2 and lab
- Organic Chemistry 1 and lab
- Bio Chemistry
- General Physics 1 and lab
- General Physics 2 and lab
- Applications open March 1 and students should apply by July 1.
- 3 semester hours of Pre-Requisites should be completed prior to enrolling as a medical student.
- English elective
- Composition or Writing
For additional information about the application process and program, contact Isabelle Appler, Associate Director of Admissions at SUNY Upstate Medical, email@example.com.