GEP Application Process
- Students applying to Purchase College should indicate interest in the Guaranteed High School MD Acceptance Program with SUNY Upstate Medical University on the Common Application or on the SUNY Supplemental form.
- Students must be accepted to Purchase College to be considered for the Guaranteed High School MD Acceptance Program. Please note acceptance into Purchase does not guarantee acceptance to the Guaranteed High School MD Acceptance Program with SUNY Upstate.
- The Guaranteed High School MD Acceptance Program Nomination Committee will evaluate admitted students for eligibility to the program on a rolling basis. Students must meet the minimum pre-college criteria to be considered. The Committee will then make recommendations to SUNY Upstate. Students will be informed if they have been recommended for consideration into the Guaranteed High School MD Acceptance Program .
- SUNY Upstate Medical will screen candidates recommended by Purchase College on a rolling basis and determine which students will be invited to interview. SUNY Upstate will notify students invited to interview and coordinate accordingly.
- SUNY Upstate will inform students of their decisions and provide a conditional acceptance letter to the students selected. A cohort of up to ten students may be admitted each academic year.
- Accepted students will be required to meet with their Purchase undergraduate academic advisor to craft a course schedule that meets the high academic science/general and major requirements expected of program participants. Unofficial transcripts will be sent to SUNY Upstate at the end of each semester.
Apply by November 15
Please note that Purchase College has a rolling admission process, but students planning to apply for the Guaranteed High School MD Acceptance Program, must apply by November 15. Students can indicate Yes to the Guaranteed Entry Program on the Common Application or on the Purchase Supplemental if submitting the SUNY application.
First-Year Students Only
This program is open to incoming freshmen only. Students who have matriculated at the College and transfer students are not eligible for consideration.
One of the goals of this program is to encourage diversity and to provide a pathway to medical school for students from a variety of different academic backgrounds. As a result, students applying to the Guaranteed High School MD Acceptance Program are encouraged to consider majors outside of biomedical sciences (although students majoring in science will be considered).
Acceptance is Binding
Acceptance into the Guaranteed High School MD Acceptance Program is binding. Students who apply to other medical schools once accepted into SUNY Upstate will be immediately withdrawn from the Guaranteed High School MD Acceptance Program . Students applying for F-1 visas are not eligible to apply to the Guaranteed High School MD Acceptance Program.
Questions relating to the application process should be directed to the Office of Admissions email@example.com