Office of the Dean
A Message from the Dean
I am committed to providing students with:
- An array of major choices available in any fine liberal arts college.
- The time and close advising to explore different majors.
- Courses taught almost entirely by full-time, tenure-track faculty with terminal degrees (PhDs and MFAs) from the best universities.
- The opportunity to live and learn in the company of like-minded students who came to Purchase to “Think Wide Open” and create change.
- The challenge to discover their own voices.
- An emphasis on creativity so that they are well-positioned to design their own jobs.
Meet Our Faculty and Staff
The SUNY system-wide award recognizes student excellence.
Books by Carl Safina ’77 and Garth Greenwell ’01 landed on The New York Times list of “100 Most Notable Books of 2020.”
Acknowledged by The Society for Cultural Anthropology and the Society for Humanistic Anthropology.
Three former senior project students are co-authors.
The inaugural issue of Brown Sugar will release on November 27.
Matoske entered American Cinema Editors (ACE) upon winning an ACE Eddie Award last January.
Students in the following programs who achieve the specified grade point averages (GPAs) are awarded the honor of Dean’s List, which is recorded on the student’s transcript. These GPAs are based on at least 12 credits graded A+ through F; grades of P, NC, UP, SP, CR, and INC do not apply. Students who earn a grade of UP or NP are ineligible.
- BA and BS programs: A semester GPA of 3.50 is required.
- BFA and MusB programs: A semester GPA of 3.75 is required.
Dean’s List students are notified by the Office of Communication and Creative Services after all incomplete grades have been resolved for the previous semester. (typically 6-8 weeks after the semester ends).
Questions? Contact the appropriate office.