Office of the Dean
Welcome to the Office of the Dean of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
A Message from the Dean
I am committed to providing students with:
- An array of major choices available in any fine liberal arts college.
- The time and close advising to explore different majors.
- Courses taught almost entirely by full-time, tenure-track faculty with terminal degrees (PhDs and MFAs) from the best universities.
- The opportunity to live and learn in the company of like-minded students who came to Purchase to “Think Wide Open” and create change.
- The challenge to discover their own voices.
- An emphasis on creativity so that they are well-positioned to design their own jobs.
Meet Our Faculty and Staff
Time: 10:00am—5:00pmThe Contemplative Studies minor at Purchase College in partnership with The Aligned Center in Irvington, NY. invite all members of our community to this Fall 2019 series featuring a lecture and a daylong retreat.
Time: 6:30pmThe Contemplative Studies Department and the Wellness Center welcome Sensei Koshin Paley Ellison!
Time: 11:30am—1:30pmElect to Connect! Vote YES to Find Your Major and Career Plan
Time: 7:30pm—7:30pmWritten by Playwriting and Screenwriting Students
Melanie Rosete ’20 makes personal films with universal appeal.
Alumni awarded for work in environmental studies and biology at the WCA Entrepreneurship in the Sciences event.
Purchase named a Top Performer for social mobility.
The 2020 edition of The Fiske Guide to Colleges selected Purchase based on its strength in academics, arts and culture, social life, financial aid, campus environment, extracurricular activities, and more.
She was recently honored with the 2019 Elena Lucrezia Cornaro Award.
Students in the following programs who achieve the specified grade point averages (GPAs) are awarded the honor of Dean’s List, which is recorded on the student’s transcript. These GPAs are based on at least 12 credits graded A+ through F; grades of P, NC, UP, SP, CR, and INC do not apply. Students who earn a grade of UP or NP are ineligible.
- BA and BS programs: A semester GPA of 3.50 is required.
- BFA and MusB programs: A semester GPA of 3.75 is required.
Questions? Contact the appropriate office.