Office of the Dean
Welcome to the Office of the Dean of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
A Message from the Dean
I am committed to providing students with:
- An array of major choices available in any fine liberal arts college.
- The time and close advising to explore different majors.
- Courses taught almost entirely by full-time, tenure-track faculty with terminal degrees (PhDs and MFAs) from the best universities.
- The opportunity to live and learn in the company of like-minded students who came to Purchase to “Think Wide Open” and create change.
- The challenge to discover their own voices.
- An emphasis on creativity so that they are well-positioned to design their own jobs.
Meet Our Faculty and Staff
The author and political reporter for The New York Times co-authored a piece for the paper on the occasion of the landmark Supreme Court ruling on LBGTQ rights.
The SUNY Chancellor has awarded Assistant Professor of Liberal Studies Ragnhild Utheim and Distinguished Professor of Sociology and Gender Studies Lisa Jean Moore a grant for creating a study abroad opportunity that addresses climate change.
The SUNY Board of Trustees announced today that Dr. Milagros “Milly” Peña will become the sixth president of Purchase College.
In a semester that’s proven nothing short of remarkable, we must pause and honor the truly remarkable careers of two founding professors of Purchase College retiring this year, Professors Emeriti Lee Ehrman and Peter Schwab.
The Lily Lieb Port Creative Writing Program proudly presents issue 17 of Italics Mine.
The chemistry and piano performance double major is among two Purchase College graduating seniors to receive the prestigious 2020 Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence.
Students in the following programs who achieve the specified grade point averages (GPAs) are awarded the honor of Dean’s List, which is recorded on the student’s transcript. These GPAs are based on at least 12 credits graded A+ through F; grades of P, NC, UP, SP, CR, and INC do not apply. Students who earn a grade of UP or NP are ineligible.
- BA and BS programs: A semester GPA of 3.50 is required.
- BFA and MusB programs: A semester GPA of 3.75 is required.
Dean’s List students are notified by the Office of Communication and Creative Services after all incomplete grades have been resolved for the previous semester. (typically 6-8 weeks after the semester ends).
Questions? Contact the appropriate office.