Office of the Dean
Welcome to the Office of the Dean of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
A Message from the Dean
I am committed to providing students with:
- An array of major choices available in any fine liberal arts college.
- The time and close advising to explore different majors.
- Courses taught almost entirely by full-time, tenure-track faculty with terminal degrees (PhDs and MFAs) from the best universities.
- The opportunity to live and learn in the company of like-minded students who came to Purchase to “Think Wide Open” and create change.
- The challenge to discover their own voices.
- An emphasis on creativity so that they are well-positioned to design their own jobs.
Meet Our Faculty and Staff
13th Annual John Howard Lecture on Law and Justice- Gay Rights and the Constitution: Why Gay Rights Change EverythingTime: 7:00pmJoin us for a Lecture with David Richards, PhD, Edwin Webb Professor of Law, New York University Law School
Time: 4:30pmJoin us for Readings and Conversation with author, Ilya Kaminsky
For contributions to US national security and foreign policy.
The associate professor of sociology will be in residence at The MacDowell Colony.
Recipient of the first award Richard and Marylee Salomon Endowment Fund for Journalists.
Sarah King ’11, a Bridges to Baccalaureate and MARC U*STAR Honors scholar, is pursuing her PhD.
The National Endowment for the Arts Creative Writing (Poetry) Fellowship is $25,000.
Weissbein was named an Outstanding Young Professional by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).
Students in the following programs who achieve the specified grade point averages (GPAs) are awarded the honor of Dean’s List, which is recorded on the student’s transcript. These GPAs are based on at least 12 credits graded A+ through F; grades of P, NC, UP, SP, CR, and INC do not apply. Students who earn a grade of UP or NP are ineligible.
- BA and BS programs: A semester GPA of 3.50 is required.
- BFA and MusB programs: A semester GPA of 3.75 is required.
Questions? Contact the appropriate office.