Office of the Dean
Welcome to the Office of the Dean of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
A Message from the Dean
I am committed to providing students with:
- An array of major choices available in any fine liberal arts college.
- The time and close advising to explore different majors.
- Courses taught almost entirely by full-time, tenure-track faculty with terminal degrees (PhDs and MFAs) from the best universities.
- The opportunity to live and learn in the company of like-minded students who came to Purchase to “Think Wide Open” and create change.
- The challenge to discover their own voices.
- An emphasis on creativity so that they are well-positioned to design their own jobs.
Meet Our Faculty and Staff
She was recently honored with the 2019 Elena Lucrezia Cornaro Award.
Mennefer Blue, a Psychology major in the MARC U*STAR Honors Program, presented a poster titled Interpersonal and Intrapersonal Approach and Avoidance Motives after Social Rejection at the Association of Psychological Science Convention on May 26, 2019. The poster is based on research Mennefer conducted under the supervision of Dr. Yanine Hess.
Congratulations to seniors Takashi Mukoda (new media and mathematics/computer science) and Bailey Vaughn (dance).
Congratulations to Yeshe Sherpa for receiving the 2019 Technos International Prize for Outstanding Academic Performance and Commitment to the Cause of International Understanding
Congratulations to Dr. Lisa Jean Moore, professor of sociology and gender studies for her appointment as Distinguished Professor by SUNY.
He’ll be conducting research on Mood of the Nation poll this summer.
Students in the following programs who achieve the specified grade point averages (GPAs) are awarded the honor of Dean’s List, which is recorded on the student’s transcript. These GPAs are based on at least 12 credits graded A+ through F; grades of P, NC, UP, SP, CR, and INC do not apply. Students who earn a grade of UP or NP are ineligible.
- BA and BS programs: A semester GPA of 3.50 is required.
- BFA and MusB programs: A semester GPA of 3.75 is required.
Questions? Contact the appropriate office.