Office of the Dean
Welcome to the Office of the Dean of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
A Message from the Dean
I am committed to providing students with:
- An array of major choices available in any fine liberal arts college.
- The time and close advising to explore different majors.
- Courses taught almost entirely by full-time, tenure-track faculty with terminal degrees (PhDs and MFAs) from the best universities.
- The opportunity to live and learn in the company of like-minded students who came to Purchase to “Think Wide Open” and create change.
- The challenge to discover their own voices.
- An emphasis on creativity so that they are well-positioned to design their own jobs.
Meet Our Faculty and Staff
Time: All Day
Time: 6:30pmPresented by the Spanish Cineclub
Time: 8:30am—1:00pmStudents present senior project research.
In the event of an emergency, the ability to teach courses on campus may be affected. The Teaching During Campus Closure guide and workshop series will help you identify and become acquainted with alternatives to face-to-face instruction for use during situations when campus may be closed and teaching must take place fully online.
Associate Professor of New Media is “forming a global, advocacy innovation lab to Free the Vaccine for COVID-19.”
Founder and Artistic/Executive Director of Circus Harmony is offering “quarantraining classes” for free and has a message for creatives.
Due to the Corona Virus, this event has been postponed until the fall. Please check back here for updates on new dates.
CASA Purchase, Latin American , Carribean and Latinx Studies, The Center for Engagement and the Argentine Consulate invite you to attend this week long event!
We’re sharing stories from the Purchase community to focus on the positive and to inspire others. Learn more…
For his work editing Ford v Ferrari.
Students in the following programs who achieve the specified grade point averages (GPAs) are awarded the honor of Dean’s List, which is recorded on the student’s transcript. These GPAs are based on at least 12 credits graded A+ through F; grades of P, NC, UP, SP, CR, and INC do not apply. Students who earn a grade of UP or NP are ineligible.
- BA and BS programs: A semester GPA of 3.50 is required.
- BFA and MusB programs: A semester GPA of 3.75 is required.
Dean’s List students are notified by the Office of Communication and Creative Services after all incomplete grades have been resolved for the previous semester. (typically 6-8 weeks after the semester ends).
Questions? Contact the appropriate office.