Office of the Dean
Welcome to the Office of the Dean of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
A Message from the Dean
I am committed to providing students with:
- An array of major choices available in any fine liberal arts college.
- The time and close advising to explore different majors.
- Courses taught almost entirely by full-time, tenure-track faculty with terminal degrees (PhDs and MFAs) from the best universities.
- The opportunity to live and learn in the company of like-minded students who came to Purchase to “Think Wide Open” and create change.
- The challenge to discover their own voices.
- An emphasis on creativity so that they are well-positioned to design their own jobs.
Meet Our Faculty and Staff
Britt Koskella, PhD
Assistant Professor of Disease Ecology and Evolution
University of California, Berkeley
- Feb 17
Janette Yarwood, PhD
Staff Director, House Subcommittee on
Africa, Global Health, Human Rights, and International Organizations
U.S. House of Representatives
- Mar 3
Purchase College is hosting the 10th annual SWFF from April 17–19, 2020.
CASA Purchase, Latin American Studies, and The Center for Engagement invite you to attend this week long event!
Writing the pilot for Amazon’s The Fear Agent.
A film festival at NYC’s Metrograph and a Q&A with Filmmaker
For his work editing Ford v Ferrari.
Author compares Cleanness to a song cycle.
Students in the following programs who achieve the specified grade point averages (GPAs) are awarded the honor of Dean’s List, which is recorded on the student’s transcript. These GPAs are based on at least 12 credits graded A+ through F; grades of P, NC, UP, SP, CR, and INC do not apply. Students who earn a grade of UP or NP are ineligible.
- BA and BS programs: A semester GPA of 3.50 is required.
- BFA and MusB programs: A semester GPA of 3.75 is required.
Dean’s List students are notified by the Office of Communication and Creative Services after all incomplete grades have been resolved for the previous semester. (typically 6-8 weeks after the semester ends).
Questions? Contact the appropriate office.