Have you thought about earning an advanced degree after you graduate from Purchase? Learn more about the many partnerships Purchase College has with graduate programs in the region. Make your entry into graduate school easier and more affordable.
Purchase College and Fordham University have an agreement that allows Purchase students to apply up to 12 undergraduate credits to a graduate degree leading to a Master of Science in Teaching in Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Special Education, Childhood Education, Bilingual Childhood Education, Multi-age or Adolescent Education (specializing in Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, English, Mathematics, Physics, Social Studies), and Special Education grades 7-12.
The following Purchase courses (grade minimum of B) can be applied toward graduate credit:
- SOC 3500/Sociology of Education
- PSY 2650/Child Development
- SOC 3275/Critical Disability Studies
- PSY 2500/Adolescent Psychology
Applying these credits permits students to complete the Master’s degree in one year.
- Purchase College juniors can apply to the program.
- Students must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Fordham will waive the admissions application fee.
- Students eligible for scholarships will receive a 25% discount on Fordham tuition.
Read more about admission to the Graduate School of Education at Fordham University.
Long Island University/Hudson (LIU Hudson) is located on the Purchase College campus. Purchase students can take 6 graduate credits in any of LIU’s partnership degrees (at a 50% tuition reduction) in their senior year, while completing their undergraduate degree. These credits will apply toward both their undergraduate degree at Purchase College and their master’s degree in education at LIU Hudson. In addition, following graduation from Purchase College, a 25% tuition reduction will apply to all courses taken to complete one of these the master’s degrees at LIU Hudson:
- ED Middle and Adolescence Education (Grades 5-12) in English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies
- ED Special Education in Adolescence (Generalist, Grades 7-12)
- First Step Teacher Education Program – Masters in Education
- MPA Masters of Public Administration)
- MS Mental Health Counseling (with CASAC option)
- MS Marriage and Family Therapy (with CASAC option)
- MS Ed School Counseling (Bilingual track option)
- MS Ed School Psychology (Bilingual track option)
- Masters of Business Administration
- Accelerated MS in Pharmaceutics (Specialization in Industrial Pharmacy and Cosmetic Science)
Students must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
Environmental studies students who have elected to pursue the policy concentration can finish their bachelor’s degree at Purchase College while simultaneously beginning work on a master’s degree in public administration, (either online or in person), through the Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and Policy, University at Albany. Successful participants enroll in graduate courses during their senior year that simultaneously count toward both the Bachelor of Arts and the Master of Public Administration degrees.
Students must have a minimum 3.2 GPA and have completed 56 credit areas towards a BA in environmental studies, and have a B or higher in two quantitative courses.
Purchase College has an agreement with SUNY Upstate Medical University College of Medicine that allows admitted Purchase students seeking any degree (BA, BS, BM or BFA) to be guaranteed acceptance into Upstate’s doctor of Allopathic Medicine (MD) Program. Read more about the eligibility requirements.
SUNY Upstate Medical University College of Medicine, Early Assurance Program
In addition, Sophomores at Purchase College in any major are eligible to apply to the Early Assurance Program at Upstate Medical.