Explore English Language Learning in challenging, educational, and entertaining classes.
Au pairs can fulfill J1 education requirements and adult nonnative English speakers will improve English language proficiency.
This program offers a variety of exciting, enriching, and interactive courses to help you achieve your goals.
Choose from business-oriented, culture, and language-specific courses, such as
- Becoming a More Effective Leader
- Business English: Consumer Psychology
- American Pop Culture
- NYC Faces & Places
- Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, and Slang
- Great Grammar and Confident Conversation
All courses are student centered, interactive, and taught by highly qualified instructors in a friendly, supportive atmosphere.
Convenient Location in NYC Suburbs
Visit Purchase College and discover the convenience of taking classes on the beautiful 550-acre campus.
For J1 Au Pairs and Adult ESL Students
This program was developed to meet the interests, schedules, budgets, and U.S. government education requirements for J1 au pairs, but it’s also well-suited for adult non-native English speakers.
Earn 20, 24, 30 or 40 hours toward your U.S. government education requirement in weekday or weekend courses.
Questions and Assistance
Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions or for assistance in registering for your course(s).
From our students:
- <div class="lw_blurbs_title"><p>“I think the reason to why it felt interesting every single minute was because of the teacher and the classmates. Everybody felt so engaged and focused, and the room had a really good vibe ...100% satisfied and happy about my course choice …” Erika L.</p></div>
- <div class="lw_blurbs_title"><p>“I attended the Business and Communication class last year (Fall 2016) and I loved it everything, from the teachers to the beautiful campus and your extraordinary support to all of us, the students.” Ana Carolina J. (Student from Brazil)</p></div>
- <div class="lw_blurbs_title"><p>“It was a pleasure to take the courses at Purchase College!” ELL – Katarzyna D.</p></div>
- <div class="lw_blurbs_title"><p>“Thank you for your help, it’s wonderful talk with people like you so nice and helpful.” ELL Student</p></div>