Start your own home staging business today!
Earn the Certified Staging Professionals® (CSP®) designation when you take this three-day intensive program. Whether you are a builder, decorator, designer, organizer, real estate agent, or someone wanting to build a staging business or work in the staging business—this program is for you!
Purchase College is proud to partner with the Certified Staging Professionals® to offer an intensive, comprehensive program taught through hands-on interaction, group exercises, role play, and in-depth practical application of work samples geared to prepare the participants to enter the staging industry with the confidence and experience necessary to succeed.
CSP®, accredited by the Real Estate Staging Association, gives you registered certification for successful completions of the following standards:
- Successful completion of two-day, in-person classroom instruction
- One day hands-on field experience
- 75 percent or higher grade on proficiency exams (including practical assessment)
- Furniture selection and placement
- Paint colors and wallpaper, when to change them, what to do if they can’t be changed
- Theory and psychology of color
- Odd spaces
- Sales and marketing
- The differences between staging and decorating
- Pricing and profit model
- Explanation and examples of consultations and the bid process
- Staging vacant vs. occupied properties
- Working with furniture rental companies
- Review of scale and floor plans
- Use of greenery
- Working with realtors to aid them in the home selling process
- Buying inventory
- Business licensing, insurance, choosing a name for a website domain
- Building relationships with painters, carpet cleaners, handymen, etc.
- Developing contracts and forms
- Review of copyright laws for photos and website copy
Who Should Attend: Current real estate stagers, decorators and designers, contractors, builders and home remodelers, professional organizers, furniture store personnel, entrepreneurs, career changers or individuals looking to start a business; home sellers.
Be recognized immediately as a staging expert and take advantage of the opportunities to secure testimonials and before and after photos for your portfolio. Receive ongoing support through the private online Student Resource Center and Forum. Earn 3 continuing education units (CEUs).
Certified Staging Professionals (CSP®) (USA), Certified Canadian Staging Professionals(Canada), and Australian Certified Staging Professionals have been leading educators in the staging industry since September 2005, with more than 2,000 graduates of the three-day staging program.
Call CSP® at 1-888-STAGING (1-888-782-4464)
Once certified, graduates are eligible to join CSP® and become a consultant. CSP® consultants are required to pay a $225 annual membership fee to use the CSP logo on their business material. The membership includes access to the CSP® Student Resource Center, a bimonthly magazine with industry news, Web directory presence, and preferred pricing partners for clients.