Career Development Center Disclaimer
The Career Development Center (CDC) serves as a referral source for jobs and other opportunities and generally cannot make specific recommendations regarding off- campus employers. The Center makes no guarantees about the positions listed by the Center on Purchase JobScore. The Career Development Center is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions or other aspects of off-campus employment. Due to the large volume of jobs received by the Center, we are not able to research the integrity of each and every organization or individual that lists a job with us. Students and alumni are urged to use their common sense when applying for any job or internships, particularly if it is a domestic role and employment in a private home, or other opportunities not affiliated with a public or private sector organization.
While the Career Development Center makes every reasonable effort to ensure that employers engaged in campus hiring practices (either online or in person) adhere to certain ethical standards (NACE Principles for Professional Practice), be aware that some organizations may participate in illegal recruiting and business practices.
We encourage you to research companies using the resources suggested by the Career Center. Please contact the Career Center with questions or if you determine any company listing jobs or internships has misrepresented opportunities.
Further Information on Fraudulent Employers
BBB Seven Red Flags When Searching for Jobs Online
- Employer asks for extensive personal information such as social security or bank account numbers
- An employer asks for money upfront
- The job requires the employee to wire money through Western Union/MoneyGram or asks the employee to cash/deposit checks sent to them.
- Employer e-mails are rife with grammatical and spelling errors
- An employer offers the opportunity to become rich without leaving home
- The salary and benefits offered seem too-good-to-be-true
- E-mails purporting to be from job posting Web sites claiming there’s a problem with a job hunter’s account