Purchase College is committed to creating a safe environment for all members of the campus community. The College welcomes the participation of guests of the campus community at most events and facilities on the campus. This policy governs the behavior of guests and the responsibility of campus hosts.· A guest is defined as any person not affiliated with Purchase College.
· A residential guest is defined as any person, student, or guest who is visiting a room/apartment on campus and is not assigned to that particular residential complex room.
· After quiet hours, any person not assigned to a particular residential complex must have an overnight guest pass, including other residential students.
· Students may not permit or assist another person to stay in a college facility without appropriate registration.
· Hosts are responsible for the behavior of their guests at all times. Failure to comply with the guest policy may result in restriction of a resident’s privilege to visit a building or host guests.
· Hosts must escort their guests at all times.
o Hosts must ensure that their guest(s) maintain a valid guest pass on their person and present it to any college official who requests it and is acting within their authority. Valid guest passes are obtained when a valid federal or state photo ID is shown.
· All non-residents (including commuter students) must have a guest pass in order to be present within the on-campus residence halls and apartments; including off-campus accommodations.
· Residential Guest Policy
· All occupants of a room/apartment must provide permission to any guest to be present in their space. Roommate(s) signature(s) of verification is/are required to obtain overnight guest passes.
· Residents must remain with all registered guests and students when they are in their assigned room/apartment.
· A residential guest is defined as any person, student, or guest, who is visiting a room/apartment on campus, and is not assigned to that particular residential complex and room.
· An overnight guest cannot stay in the residence hall/apartment for more than six nights per calendar month.
· Guests may not stay in the hall for more than three consecutive nights.
· Students may not have residential guests under the age of seventeen without written parental/guardian consent.
· Each resident of a room/suite may host no more than two overnight guests; total occupancy never exceed the maximum occupancy of a resident’s assigned space.
o Regardless of the maximum occupancy, room/apartments must have an accessible exit and entrance, clear of obstruction.
· Residential students’ non-overnight guests should not exceed the maximum occupancy of their room:
o For units designed as a residence hall single – four persons.
o For units designed as a residence hall double – eight persons.
o For units designed as a residence hall triple – eight persons.
o For units designed as a residence hall suite – twelve persons.
o For apartment units designed for three persons – ten persons.
o For apartment units designed for four persons – sixteen persons.
o For apartment units designed for six persons – twenty-four persons.
o For apartment units designed for eight persons – twenty-four persons.