Academic Calendar: 2018–19 at a Glance
The full 2018–19 academic calendar will be posted by August 2017.
- Classes begin: Mon., Aug. 27
- Labor Day: Mon., Sept. 3 (no classes)
- Rosh Hashanah (begins at sundown Sun., Sept. 9): Classes in session
- Yom Kippur (begins at sundown Tues., Sept. 18): Classes in session
- Election Day: Tues., Nov. 6 (no classes)
- Thanksgiving Recess: Wed., Nov. 21 through Sun., Nov. 25 (no classes)
- Final exam week: Dec. 10–14
- Classes end: Fri., Dec. 14
- Classes begin: Wed., Jan. 23
- Spring Recess: Sat., March 30 through Sun., April 7 (no classes)
- Final exam week: May 8–14
- Classes end: Tues., May 14
- Commencement: Fri., May 17
Endorsed in 2013 by EMIT (on Oct. 17) and the Provost’s Council (on Nov. 4). The Tuesday class holiday in fall 2018 changed by EMIT (on Oct. 15, 2015) from an Oct. 16 “study day” to Election Day, Nov. 6, and the spring 2019 recess changed from Mar. 23–31 (9th week) to Mar. 30–April 7 (10th week).
Winter Session and Summer Session Dates
See the winter session and summer session sites for session dates and class holidays, which are determined and published annually (by October for winter session and March for summer session) by the School of Liberal Studies & Continuing Education.
Updated Oct. 15, 2015
Please direct updates for this page to the managing editor in the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs.