Applying for Readmission to Purchase College
If you were a matriculated (degree seeking) Purchase student in the past, we are eager to welcome you back. Readmission to the College is necessary for formerly matriculated students who have separated from the College. The readmission process must be completed for you to be matriculated.
- Beginning January 1, 2013 all students applying for readmission are required to pay a non-refundable $25.00 Reapplication Fee. The fee can be paid by check (made out to "Purchase College") or credit card.
- The decision to readmit is not an automatic one. A student must be readmitted by the Office of the Registrar and by the program of interest before enrollment can be permitted. See readmission form.
- An assessment of your progress towards graduation cannot be processed unless you have applied for readmission.
- Readmitted students are bound by program and degree requirements in force during the academic year in which they are readmitted.
- Students must clear any holds/flags (obligations to the College) prior to readmission. Check for holds/flags here.
- Students readmitted to the College must meet with their advisors and register for courses prior to the last day of the add/drop period. (See Academic Calendar for dates).
- Questions regarding tuition and payment deadlines should be directed to Student Financial Services, (914) 251-7000.
- Students interested in financial aid and/or housing must apply to the appropriate offices. No requests for financial aid or housing will be processed until a readmission decision has been officially made.
Completed applications must be received by the Registrar's Office by the following dates:
- Fall semester - July 15
- Spring Semester - December 1
Applications cannot be processed until all required documents and related materials (below) are on file in the Registrar's Office.
- A completed readmission form
- An essay explaining your activities since leaving Purchase, including dates (month and year) of each activity. Submit your essay with the completed readmission application;
- Official transcript(s) of all coursework completed at other colleges while away from Purchase;
- An audition, interview, or portfolio review may be required if you are applying for a major in the visual or performing arts. If required, you will be contacted by the Registrar's Office;
- Letter(s) of recommendation or any evidence supporting your likelihood of having a successful career at Purchase (required if you were not in good academic standing when you departed from Purchase, optional for those in good academic standing);
- Evidence of honorable separation from the military (if applicable; please refer to the readmission policy for military personnel for additional information);
- The $25.00 non-refundable Reapplication Fee (required beginning Jan. 1, 2013);
- Forward all documentation and related materials to:
Purchase College, SUNY
Office of the Registrar
735 Anderson Hill Road
Purchase, NY 10577-1400