International Student Services


If you attended another high school or post secondary institution in the U.S. as an F-1 student or J-1 student, immigration regulations require that you complete a school transfer procedure to be authorized to attend Purchase College. The school transfer procedure is required even if you graduated from your former school. A school transfer can be completed in one of two ways:

1*By leaving the U.S. and re-entering the U.S. with your new Certificate of Eligibility (I-20 issued by Purchase College or IAP-66 issued by SUNY Buffalo

2*By reporting to the International Student Advisor within the first two weeks of the semester to complete the immigration document application process.

For F-1 students, the I-20 must be issued to you within the first month of classes for the transfer to be completed.

For J-1 exchange visitors, the new SUNY Purchase IAP-66 must be signed by your former school Responsible Officer (RO) before your period of stay at your former school expires for the transfer to be completed.