International Student Services


If any of your immigration documents are lost or stolen, you should make an appointment to see an International Student Advisor immediately. In some cases, a Form I-102 (Request for Replacement of Lost Document Form) will need to be submitted to INS. The cost for INS replacement documents other than your I-20 is $85. It may take 6 months to receive the replacement documents other than your I-20.

If you are leaving the U.S. for a trip abroad, and you have lost your I-20, a new one can be issued by the International Students Advisor. A new IAP-66 will need to be sent from the SUNY Buffalo office, which can take a few days. In most cases, a new I-94 will be issued to you automatically upon re-entry into the U.S.

You are strongly encouraged to make photocopies of all immigration documents and keep them in a separate, safe location.

If you have lost your passport, you must contact the embassy of the country which issued your passport.