International Student Services

Internship with an International Organization

*You must have been in F-1 status for 9 months or at least one full academic year.

*Employment must be with a recognized international organization within the meaning of International Organization Immunities Act (e.g. the United Nations, World Bank, etc.).

*Employment is authorized in the form of an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) by the Immigration Service upon presentation of a written certification form the international organization.

The application is sent to the regional INS office in Vermont. It may take 2 to 3 months for a response.