Facilities Services are those services for which the Department receives direct budget allocations. They are services related to the general upkeep of College buildings and grounds, but not to equipment purchased by or assigned to a specific department.
Typical Facilities Services include:
- Interior and exterior repairs to buildings and building components;
- Routine custodial services such as washing and waxing floors, cleaning carpet, dusting, replacing lights, and trash removal;
- The routine, periodic painting of buildings;
- Operating and maintaining underground utilities and utilities within buildings;
- The routine maintenance of trees, shrubbery, lawns, sidewalks, streets, and parking lots;
- Snow removal and ice control.