Virtual Pamphlets - The Unabridged Student Counseling Virtual Pamphlet Collection has organized pamphlets on a variety of topics from university counseling centers across the country. Some pamphlets may refer to services at a specific college or university. Contact the Purchase College Counseling Center for Purchase College services.
Alcohol and Other Drugs
http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/ - National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.
http://www.nida.nih.gov/ - National Institute on Drug Abuse.
http://www.pharmacy.ohio-state.edu/outreach/generation-rx/ - This website provides medication safety and prescription drug abuse prevention resources for schools, colleges, and communities.
https://addictionresource.com/ - free informational resources and a free toll-free hotline
- http://www.adaa.org - Anxiety Disorders Association of America. Provides information about anxiety disorders such as panic, OCD, and social anxiety.
- www.bulimia.com -Basic facts about eating disorders, self-help books, professional texts, educational videos, national organizations, treatment facilities.
- U.S. Eating Disorders Treatment Referral Guide-The Alliance for Eating Disorders Awareness comprehensive national referral guide of U.S. eating disorders treatment centers.
- www.voicesnotvictims.org/- Important information about safe sex, clear communication and campus life. A must read for all students!
- http://www.rainn.org/- Rape Abuse Incest National Network. The nation's largest anti-sexual violence organization
- http://1in6.org/- Researches estimate that 1 in 6 men have experienced unwanted or abusive sexual experiences before age 18. This website is a resource for men who have been abused as well as for those that care about them.
- www.goaskalice.columbia.edu - Columbia University Health website. Answers questions regarding a variety of issues such as mental health, fitness and nutrition, sexuality, relationships, and general health.
- American Psychological Association Online - information and articles on a variety of topics including anger, depression, gay and lesbian issues and violence. Look under the "Topics" menu on the left hand side.
- Psych Central - One stop index for support resources
- Study Skills - this site offers "Online Study Skills Workshops" which includes assessments and strategies for improving time management, test performance, concentration and memory. (Virginia Tech University)