The Psychology BA Program | Academic Requirements & Concentrations | Student Learning Outcomes | Minor in Psychology | Courses | Faculty | Facilities | Internships | Alumni | Psychology Links
- Prerequisites: Practicum in Child Development (PSY3850) or other appropriate coursework, or permission of the Children’s Center director, Pat Amanna, EdD.
- Hours per week: At least 5
- Number of weeks: 15
- Rate of pay: None
- Academic credit: 2-4, depending on number of hours.
- Identify key developmental issues for individual children
- Learn to organize and head group learning activities
- Relate concepts of developmental theory to the center’s philosophy and practice
- Understand and implement the center’s educational philosophy
- Organize and sustain positive functioning of children and adults in group learning environment
- Maintain communication between parents and the center
- Advance physical, intellectual, social, and emotional competence of children
- Contribute to educational planning process
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
- Readings based on interest, discussed with the director and academic sponsor
- Case study of an individual child’s development or analysis of an aspect of the center’s curriculum or functioning
- Implement curriculum plan
How to register
- Complete an internship application form, available in Career Development Center
- Interview with the director and completion of health and NY State screening forms.
Return to top