Academic Programs
CE main Join Mailing List
Home / Academic Programs / LSCE / Enrollment & Registration Guide (Credit Courses)

Continuing Education SUNY Purchase College Banner

How to Register for Credit Courses

Note: For noncredit courses, including courses with a noncredit option, please refer to the Noncredit Enrollment and Registration Guide.

Courses are closed when the enrollment limit is reached, so register early! Please register at least one week before a course’s start date to guarantee your seat in courses that fill quickly and to ensure that the courses you want to take are not canceled. You will be notified if a course has been closed or canceled by the college.

The fastest way to save your space is to register online. Fax, mail, and in-person registrations are processed in the order received and confirmations are mailed by the Office of Enrollment Services. In-person registrations may not be processed while you wait.

Registration for Winter 2015 online credit courses: Nov. 3–Jan. 4
Late registration: Jan. 5 ($40 late fee)

Registration for Spring 2015 credit courses: Date Jan.5–Jan. 20
Late registration: Jan. 21–27 ($40 late fee)
Senior citizen auditors register on Jan. 28

Online is the preferred method for credit course registrations. Please follow the steps for online registration based on your student type:

New York State Public Health Law—Mandatory Requirements
Either with or immediately following registration, please complete the following steps to avoid future cancellation of your present course registration:

  • If you are a new visiting (including high school and postbaccalaureate) student registering for 6 or more credits:
    You must submit a meningitis response form to Purchase College. Refer to meningitis compliance for details.
  • If you are a new visiting (including high school and postbaccalaureate) student registering for 12 or more credits (or 6 or more credits in an approved certificate or degree program), or a returning visiting student registering for 12 or more credits for the first time, and you were born on or after Jan. 1, 1957:
    • a copy of your measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) immunization (or this MMR form, completed by a doctor) must be on record at Purchase College.
    • If you are unable to obtain records from a previous doctor or school, you must get a titer test, which proves you have been immunized. Refer to immunization requirements for details.

  • All records may be faxed to Student Health Services at (914) 251-6388 or scanned and emailed to Student Health Services may be reached at (914) 251-6380.

Arrow up icon 

To register for credit courses via fax, in person, or mail:

If you are a new visiting student at Purchase College, complete the online Student Data Form and submit it. Refer to the Student Data Form instructions for assistance. After completing the online Student Data Form, submit the following documents. Registration forms received from students who have not completed the online Student Data Form will not be processed.

Get Adobe Acrobat Reader

FAX: (914) 251-6373
24 hours (Visa/MC/Amex/Discover only)
Enrollment Services, Registrar

School of Liberal Studies & Continuing Education
Music Building, suite 0089, ground floor
Mon.–Thurs.: 9 a.m.—7 p.m.*
Fri., 9 a.m.—5 p.m.
*The office closes at 5 p.m. when classes are not in session. To check office hours, please call (914) 251-6500.

Enrollment Services, Registrar
Purchase College
State University of New York
735 Anderson Hill Road
Purchase, NY 10577-1402

Credit Course Overload
Refer to the Course Load policy for instructions.

Permission of Instructor
Instructor Access Codes (IACs) have been replaced by permissions entered directly by the instructor via the online myHeliotrope system. Once you have been granted permission, simply register for the course; no additional codes are needed. For questions, please contact the School of Liberal Studies & Continuing Education, (914) 251-6500; for courses taught by faculty in the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences or the School of the Arts, please contact the faculty member (go to the Campus Directory for email addresses).

Holds (returning students only)
If you owe a fee or fine to an office on campus, you will have a hold on your account. (You can check for holds online at Students must clear any holds with the issuing office(s) before proceeding with registration.

Updated Dec. 9, 2014

Arrow up icon