The Sociology BA Program |
Academic Requirements & Concentrations | Student Learning Outcomes | Minor in Sociology | Courses | Faculty
The Sociology BA Program: Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate a general knowledge of sociology’s topical areas of study.
- Students will demonstrate in-depth knowledge of at least one of these topical areas.
- Students will be able to identify key sociological theorists and describe their theoretical perspectives.
- Students will be able to discuss the key theoretical perspectives within sociology.
- Students will be able to identify the main research methodologies used by sociologists.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of the various sociological methodologies.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to carry out a plan of research, including empirical observation and analysis of data.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to perform statistical analyses of quantitative data.
Please direct updates for this page to the managing editor in the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs.