The minor in political science is designed to provide a broad knowledge of institutions, processes, and theories of politics in the U.S. and international context. Students interested in this minor should arrange a conference with the coordinator of the political science program, then submit a completed Application for a Program of Minor Study.
Prerequisite: A minimum 2.0 (C) GPA
Academic Requirements for the Minor in Political Science
Five courses, to include:
- POL 1570/Introduction to U.S. Politics or
POL 2360/Politics in American Democracy
- Plus four political science electives in the following two areas (two courses in each area):
1. United States politics and law
2. Comparative politics and international relations
Updated Mar. 24, 2016
Please direct updates for this page to the managing editor in the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs. Eight-semester plan updates or questions should be directed to the associate provost.
– For curricular revisions, please refer to the Faculty Handbook.