The Economics BA Program: Student Learning Outcomes
- Display a familiarity with the basic economic concepts necessary to understand the functioning of the US and global economies.
- Demonstrate a familiarity with quantitative analysis in explaining the economic theories that underlie social policies and in applying economic theory to significant social, economic, and political problems.
- Articulate and distinguish between competing economic paradigms.
- Show an understanding of the historical development of the discipline.
- Conduct a significant piece of research, including the formation of suitable hypotheses, the evaluation of existing literature, and the testing and supporting of the hypotheses.
Please direct updates for this page to the managing editor in the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs.