The Anthropology BA Program | Academic Requirements & Concentrations | Student Learning Outcomes |
Minor in Anthropology | Courses | Faculty
The Anthropology BA Program: Student Learning Outcomes
Students majoring in anthropology are trained to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the major concepts, questions and theoretical approaches in sociocultural anthropology;
- Apply anthropological concepts to the description and analysis of social and cultural phenomena;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the utility of qualitative anthropological fieldwork methods, as well as their limitations and ethical exigencies;
- Conduct original anthropological research using appropriate theories and methods;
- Communicate anthropological findings and arguments in speech, writing and other media using the concepts and idioms of the discipline.
Please direct updates for this page to the managing editor in the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs.