The Language & Culture BA Program & Minors |
Academic Requirements | Student Learning Outcomes | Faculty |
Foreign Language Placement Guidelines
Language and Culture (LAC prefix) |
Linguistics | Spanish
The Language and Culture BA Program: Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the language and culture BA program should demonstrate:
- Fluency in the target language and a basic understanding of its history and structure.
- Substantial familiarity with the cultures related to the language.
- the ability to read and analyze literary texts and other complex writing in the language in question.
- A basic understanding of the culture’s major figures (literary and/or artistic) and the cultural and historical trends of which they are a part.
- The ability to research, organize, and compose information in the target language for both oral and written presentation.
Please direct updates for this page to the managing editor in the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs.