The Journalism BA Program |
Academic Requirements | Student Learning Outcomes | Minor in Journalism | Courses | Faculty | Facilities
The Journalism BA Program: Student Learning Outcomes
By the time they graduate, journalism majors will demonstrate the following abilities:
- Reporting: The ability to report in depth, using a wide variety of sources to provide context, accuracy, and balance.
- Writing: The ability to produce stories that are clear and concise and engage the audience’s attention.
- Convergence: The ability to embrace convergent media by shooting video, making photographs, and writing for and posting to the Web.
- Role and Responsibilities: An understanding of the roles and duties of journalism in society, and recognition of the legal and moral implications of their work.
- Synthesis: The ability to speak and write in a sophisticated way about an area of study outside journalism.
Please direct updates for this page to the managing editor in the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs.