The Creative Writing BA Program |
Academic Requirements | Student Learning Outcomes | Courses | Faculty
The Creative Writing BA Program: Student Learning Outcomes
Every graduate of the creative writing program should be able to:
- closely read both canonical and modern/postmodern prose narratives and poems.
- demonstrate an understanding of various forms and structures of fiction and poetry.
- demonstrate familiarity with a variety of professional writers’ styles and voices in fiction and poetry in order to develop his or her own individual style.
- become comfortable with the workshop process of self and group analysis and critique.
- demonstrate knowledge of various texts’ relations to their historical content.
- demonstrate some awareness of literary influence and literary history.
- demonstrate knowledge of editing and revision techniques, the world of publishing, and other career-related aspects of writing.
- Produce an extended work of fiction and poetry.
Please direct updates for this page to the managing editor in the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs.