The Art History BA Program |
BA Academic Requirements | Student Learning Outcomes |
Minor in Art History |
The Art History MA Program |
MA Academic Requirements | Undergraduate Courses |
Graduate Courses |
The Art History BA Program: Academic Requirements
In addition to meeting general degree requirements, all art history undergraduate majors must complete 13 courses and an 8-credit senior project, as follows:
- ARH 1010/History of Art Survey I
- ARH 1020 /History of Art Survey II
- Six specialized art history courses, which must include:
- ARH 3880/Junior Seminar in Art History
- One course in the history of art before 1800
- Two studio courses in the visual arts
- Three courses in related disciplines and/or a foreign language
- SPJ 4990/Senior Project I: 4 credits
- SPJ 4991/Senior Project II: 4 credits
Note: An art history course offered by the School of Liberal Studies & Continuing Education may not be used to fulfill requirement 1, 2, or 3 above, but may be used as a general elective.
Updates to the 2013–15 College Catalog:
Effective Fall 2014:
- The senior project (formerly ARH 4990, two semesters, 8 credits total) is now SPJ 4990/Senior Project I and SPJ 4991/Senior Project II, 4 credits each.
Updated March 20, 2014
Please direct updates for this page to the managing editor in the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs. For curricular revisions, please refer to the Faculty Handbook.