The Gender Studies BA Program | Academic Requirements | Student Learning Outcomes | Minor in Gender Studies | The Senior Project | Courses | Faculty
The Gender Studies BA Program: Student Learning Outcomes
Students should be able to:
- Identify and analyze the links among gender, sexuality, identity, power, and social justice.
- Identify and analyze intersections among gender and sexuality and other categories of difference, such as class, race, religion, nationality, and physical ability.
- Situate gender and sexuality in broader historical and geopolitical contexts.
- Write or otherwise present (depending on field of study) analyses of gender and sexuality in specific works (visual, literary, theoretical).
- Design and execute a senior project that demonstrates these competencies within a theoretical framework of gender and sexuality.
Please direct updates for this page to the managing editor in the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs.