The Media, Society & the Arts BA Program | Academic Requirements | Student Learning Outcomes | Minor in Media, Society & the Arts | Courses | Faculty
The Media, Society, and the Arts BA Program: Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates demonstrate the ability to:
- Recognize the ways media refers to institutions, industries, technologies, and aesthetics.
- Using tools from anthropology, sociology, and media studies, analyze media institutions and forms and situate them within diverse cultural, political, and economic contexts.
- Design and successfully complete an ethnographic research project about media.
- Write and speak in the style of interdisciplinary media studies to communicate information and ideas about media.
- Use a range of critical practices to engage seriously and playfully in a creative artistic practice.
Please direct updates for this page to the managing editor in the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs.