The Media, Society & the Arts BA Program | Academic Requirements | Student Learning Outcomes | Minor in Media, Society & the Arts | Courses | Faculty
The Media, Society, and the Arts BA Program: Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates demonstrate the ability to:
- Recognize the ways media refers to institutions, industries, technologies, and aesthetics.
- Using tools from anthropology, sociology, and media studies, analyze media institutions and forms and situate them within diverse cultural, political, and economic contexts.
- Design and successfully complete an ethnographic research project about media.
- Write and speak in the style of interdisciplinary media studies to communicate information and ideas about media.
- Use a range of critical practices to engage seriously and playfully in a creative artistic practice.
Please direct updates for this page to the managing editor in the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs. Because internal and external links may change or expire from time to time, please report any changed or broken links to the managing editor as well.