Faculty Resources and Forms
- Annual Faculty Activity Report
- Faculty Support Award Application: .doc | .rtf
- Leave Application (Sabbatical, Junior Faculty Development, Title F): .doc | .rtf
- Program Assessment Templates (for boards of study):
– Annual Report Template: .doc | .rtf
– Three-Year Plan Template: .doc | .rtf
- For chairs and directors only:
Tenure-Track Faculty Position Request Form (.doc)
FACULTY and ADVISOR HANDBOOKS
- Faculty Handbook (2013–14)
For the Faculty Handbook, please direct comments or updates to the managing editor in the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs. For extensive updates, please review the Revising Guidelines.
- The Faculty Bylaws and Procedures for Reviewing Faculty for Reappointment and Promotion are available under College Policies.
- Advisor’s Handbook: Liberal Arts and Sciences (2012–13; PDF)
For the LAS Advisor’s Handbook, please direct comments or updates to the associate dean, Rich Nassisi.
FACULTY INSTRUCTIONAL CONTACT HOURS and COURSE CREDITS
OTHER FACULTY RESOURCES
Academic Calendar (Office of the Registrar)
Campus Technology Services (CTS)
Email account activation, classroom technology services, and much more—watch for the CTS email announcement each semester about new and improved services.
Campus governance bylaws and Procedures for Reviewing Faculty for Reappointment and Promotion are available under College Policies.
This intranet site includes links to the College Senate, Faculty at Large, Educational Policies Committee, and the Academic Councils, among many others of interest to the faculty.
College Writing resource site
This intranet site, developed and maintained by the director of writing, provides guidance and the necessary resources for constructing a successful College Writing course. It is located under “Committees @ Purchase.”
Course Proposal Forms
As noted in the Faculty Handbook:
- New and Reinstated Courses:
A completed course proposal form is required for all new courses and when reinstating courses not in the current Purchase College Catalog or on the program website:
Liberal Arts & Sciences, Arts, Liberal Studies:
.doc | .rtf — last updated 3/23/14
Continuing Education (noncredit only):
.doc | .rtf — posted 10/09/12
Student Affairs (IDI courses), Physical Education (PED courses):
.doc | .rtf — last updated 5/25/13
- Core Curriculum/General Education:
Appendix B: Course Addition Reporting Template (.doc) updated 11/11/11
Appendix C: Course Deletion Reporting Template (.doc)
The Liberal Arts and Sciences Academic Council (LASAC) or the Arts Academic Council (AAC) approves courses that are proposed to satisfy core curriculum requirements. If the course is proposed to satisfy a SUNY-wide general education requirement, approval of the Educational Policies Committee (EPC) is also needed.
- Course Scheduling Dashboard and Secure Forms (Office of the Registrar)
- Faculty/Staff Footnotes
Compiled in the Office of the President by Carrie Bianchi; please email items directly to email@example.com and copy your chair or director.
- Faculty Web Pages and Blogs
(Teaching, Learning, and Technology Center)
- Recent Faculty Books
- Recent Faculty Exhibitions
- Recent Faculty Films
- Recent Faculty Recordings
Eight-Semester Graduation Plans (Office of the Registrar)
my.purchase.edu and myHeliotrope
MyHeliotrope on the faculty/staff portal, my.purchase.edu, contains many online advising tools, course schedule information, and registration tools, under “Faculty Services.” User guides are also available on myHeliotrope.
Non-Tenure-Track Faculty Evaluation Form: Word
Promoting Your Professional Activities, Awards, and Honors: