Topol Faculty Development Awards
Application/nomination deadline: February 10, 2016
Thanks to the continuing generosity of Dee and Robert Topol, Purchase College is pleased to announce this faculty development award for summer 2016. Each recipient will receive $3,000 to use during the summer for the following activities:
- Writing a grant. The grant could be related to a faculty member’s research, performances/recitals, or exhibitions. It could also be grant writing aimed at improving the curriculum or increasing student engagement through the curriculum.
- Developing a new course or significantly redesigning a course using new technologies/pedagogies and incorporating assessment. Team-taught courses that cross disciplines are especially encouraged, in which case the award will be split between the two faculty members.
Full-time tenured and tenure-track faculty members in any unit of the college are eligible to apply. Normally two awards will be given each year.
Applications should be directed to the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs no later than February 10, 2016. Each application should contain:
- a current curriculum vitae
- a maximum two-page description of the project, signed by the chair/director
Please note: The Faculty Professional Standards and Awards Committee requires that nominees’ rank, tenure, and full-time or part-time status be indicated on all applications.
Please assemble all materials and submit them together; incomplete applications cannot be accepted.
- Finalists for the award are chosen competitively by the Faculty Professional Standards and Awards Committee. The panel represents a range of disciplines, reflective of the total curriculum of Purchase College.
- From the finalists submitted by the faculty committee, the provost will select the winners and announce them to the campus.
Updated Mar. 22, 2016