Purchase College Faculty Support Awards
Fall 2014 application deadline: Nov. 15, 2014
Spring 2015 application deadline: March 15, 2015
The Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs is pleased to support faculty research, academic travel and conference presentations, artistic endeavor, or other comparable professional activity.
Faculty Support Award Guidelines
- The goal of these awards is to encourage faculty in their professional endeavors and to further their own and the college’s mission and reputation.
- Typically, awards will be in the $1,000–$1,500 range; the maximum is $1,500 for each applicant during the 2014–15 awards cycle.
- Awards may also be for smaller sums, as appropriate to the project. More than one project may be included in one application, but the $1,500 limit applies to each applicant, not to each individual project.
- This award period covers expenses incurred from September 1, 2014 to August 31, 2015.
- Each application is peer reviewed by the Faculty Professional Standards and Awards Committee, whose members deserve our thanks for their dedicated service. The committee’s recommendations are then reviewed by the provost. Faculty who do not have a current curriculum vitae and annual faculty activity report on file, as required by SUNY policy, will not be granted funds. Similarly, applicants who have received previous funding but have not submitted to the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs a satisfactory report on its use and progress towards completion of the project will be deemed ineligible.
- Application forms (available here: Word | RTF) should be submitted electronically, as an attached file, to the chair or director of your school or conservatory. Chairs and directors should:
- verify the applicant’s eligibility and status (part-time, junior, or senior faculty)
- indicate their support in the space allotted on the application form
- send the amended application, as an attached file, to Provost.Officer@purchase.edu in the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs.
Please do not submit incomplete applications, as they will be returned. Applications are invited from (a) full-time faculty on multiple-year contracts or with one year’s prior service as well as (b) part-time faculty who have served half-time for at least three consecutive years.
Updated July 28, 2014