Parents   |   Community   |   Current Students   |   Faculty & Staff  

College Catalog:


A Message From the President

About Purchase College

Faculty & Administration

Academic Programs & Courses

Academic Resources

Academic Calendar

Academic Policies


Home / College Catalog / 2016–18 / About Purchase College

Draft in progress

Academic Programs Overview

Purchase College combines, in one college and on one campus, four distinctive yet interacting academic foci: film and media studies, the humanities, the natural and social sciences, and the performing and visual arts. As of fall 2016, the college offers:

Approximately 70 percent of the matriculated students at Purchase College are enrolled in the BA, BS, and MA programs; the remaining 30 percent are enrolled in the BFA, MusB, MM, and MFA programs. In response to our rapidly changing global society, the college is continuing to develop integrative and interdisciplinary programs as well as innovative opportunities for international and online studies. Detailed information on the Purchase College School of the Arts and School of Liberal Arts and Sciences, their academic units, and the programs offered, is available in the Academic Programs and Courses section of this catalog.

In addition, Purchase College has one of the largest and most diverse continuing education programs in the State University of New York system. The School of Liberal Studies & Continuing Education offers the liberal studies degree completion program, specifically designed for adults and transfer students who need to complete their bachelor’s degree within a tight timeframe and with a flexible schedule. The school also offers both credit-bearing and noncredit courses for adults, college students, and eligible high school students; professional certificate programs; and noncredit programs in the arts for children and teenagers. In addition, the school administers the college’s online winter session and its summer sessions, which attract students from colleges and universities across the nation.

Purchase College is a full member of the New York Campus Compact (, an association of college and university presidents and their campuses committed to promoting active citizenship as an aim of higher education. The New York Campus Compact provides statewide leadership in advocating for, supporting, and increasing student involvement in academic and co-curricular public service to strengthen the capacity of member institutions to serve society; to enhance student learning; and to develop in individual students the knowledge, values, skills, and habits of civic responsibility and democratic participation.

For additional information and updates during 2016–2018, please visit

Search the Catalog

About Purchase College (main)

Mission, Vision & Values

An Overview of the Campus

Academic Programs Overview

Neuberger Museum of Art

The Performing Arts Center

Nondiscrimination Policy