PURCHASE COLLEGE CATALOG 2016–18
Draft in progress
Online Certificate Program in Arts Management
Established in 1985 and online since 2010, the certificate program in arts management was the foundation of one of the most popular and respected majors at Purchase College. This certificate program is designed to provide students with an understanding of management, marketing, arts and entertainment law, and funding for arts-related organizations. It is particularly suited for:
- new arts administrators who want to broaden their knowledge and skills.
- professionals who are considering a career transition to arts management.
- artists who are interested in starting their own companies or joining existing organizations.
- board members and volunteers who want to become more informed and effective.
The 19-credit curriculum, which consists of four courses and an internship, can be completed within three semesters. Students may take individual courses, except the internship, without commitment to the entire program. All courses except the internship are normally offered online.
To qualify for the certificate, students must:
- be high school graduates
- submit a Certificate Form of Intent
- earn a grade of C or higher in all certificate courses
- submit a Certificate Request Form after all requirements have been met
- submit a Professional Certificate Program Survey
The online forms and survey are available at www.purchase.edu/departments/academicprograms/ce/certificate/artsmanagement-credit/home.aspx. It is also recommended that students visit www.purchase.edu/online to learn more about online learning at Purchase College.
- AMG 1100/Fundamentals of Arts Management: 4 credits
- AMG 3100/Funding the Arts: 4 credits
- AMG 3170/Arts and Entertainment Law: 4 credits
- AMG 3520/Marketing the Arts: 4 credits
- AMG 3995/Internship in Arts Management: 3 credits
For additional information and updates during 2016–2018, please visit www.purchase.edu/departments/academicprograms/ce/certificate/artsmanagement-credit/home.aspx.