PURCHASE COLLEGE CATALOG 2016–18
Draft in progress
The Art History MA Program: Academic Requirements
Requirements for the graduate major in art history include eight courses (32 credits), proficiency in one foreign language, and an 8-credit thesis. A minimum 3.0 (B) cumulative GPA must be earned at Purchase College.
- ARH 5101/Proseminar: Method and Theory in Art History
- ARH 5325/Master’s Colloquium I
- ARH 5326/Master’s Colloquium II
- ARH 5—/One course dealing with art before 1950
- Four elective courses in art history
- ARH 5990/Master’s Thesis I: 4 credits
- ARH 5991/Master’s Thesis II: 4 credits
Please refer to the School of Art+Design section of this catalog for specific academic requirements.
For updates during 2016–2018, please visit www.purchase.edu/