Courses That Fulfill Core Curriculum Requirements
Approved undergraduate courses in each core curriculum category are offered in a variety of disciplines and levels. To find courses that fulfill a particular core curriculum requirement, students can:
- search the course schedule each semester, including winter session and summer session, at my.purchase.edu
- refer to “Undergraduate Credit Courses” on the School of Liberal Studies & Continuing Education website (www.purchase.edu/ce) for current or upcoming courses offered by school in the winter and summer sessions
- consult their faculty advisor, the chair or director of their school or conservatory, the Advising Center, or the registrar
- refer to SUNY’s “General Education Requirement Approved Course Listing, by Campus,” which includes Purchase core curriculum courses that satisfy SUNY general education requirements. This list is available at www.suny.edu/provost/GeneralEducation/CourseList/mastercampuslist.cfm
- An independent study or tutorial cannot be used to fulfill a core curriculum requirement.
- A grade of D is acceptable in a course used to fulfill a core curriculum requirement.
- A course used to fulfill a core curriculum requirement cannot be taken on a pass/no credit (P/NC) basis.
For additional questions on courses that fulfill core curriculum requirements, call or email:
- Noreen Mante
Senior Transfer Credit and Degree Audit Advisor
For updates during 2013–2015, please visit www.purchase.edu/departments/academicprograms/CoreCurriculum/.
| << General Education/Core Curriculum home