Change of Grade
After an instructor has submitted a student’s grade to the Office of the Registrar, the grade may be changed only with the approval of the appropriate associate or assistant dean (or, in the School of Liberal Studies & Continuing Education, the executive director of academic programs). However, the final evaluation is the prerogative of the instructor.
- If there has been a clerical error or if the student believes that the grade received is inaccurate, the student should discuss the evaluation with the instructor.
- If there are more questions, the student should discuss the evaluation with the coordinator of the appropriate board of study or, if necessary, with the associate or assistant dean, who then notifies the Office of the Registrar. (For grades issued in courses offered by the School of Liberal Studies & Continuing Education, students should contact the executive director of academic programs.)
- If a grade change involves an instructor who is no longer a member of the Purchase College faculty, the associate or assistant dean or the executive director of academic programs notifies the registrar.
- This procedure does not apply when a student is completing work formerly recorded with the Office of the Registrar as an incomplete (I).
- In exceptional cases, grades may be changed up to six months after the completion of a given semester. No grade changes are accepted after this date.
For updates to this policy during 2013–2015, please visit www.purchase.edu/Departments/Registrar/gradeappeal.aspx.
<< Academic Policies home