PURCHASE COLLEGE CATALOG 2016–18
Draft in progress
Academic Requirements for Degree Programs: Overview
The academic requirements specified in this catalog apply to students who:
- commence their studies at Purchase College during the 2016–17 and 2017–18 academic years and
- remain in continuous enrollment at Purchase College until they graduate.
Academic requirements for each major are specified in the respective program description. General academic requirements for degree programs at Purchase College are specified in the following sections:
- Academic Credit and Student Workload
- Undergraduate Degrees (BA, BS, BFA, MusB)
- Two Bachelor’s Degrees From Purchase
- Second Bachelor’s Degree (Only) From Purchase
- Graduate Degrees (MA, MFA, MM)
If the academic requirements are changed, students who remain in continuous enrollment may elect to comply with the new requirements or to remain under the requirements by which they were governed at the time of the change. The choice must be declared with the Office of the Registrar and the student’s advisor.
Students who change their major are bound by the requirements for the major that are in effect at the time they officially begin studies in the program.
Students who withdraw and are subsequently readmitted are bound by program and degree requirements in force during the academic year in which they are readmitted. Exceptions are made for students who are returning to complete the senior project.