Personal Leaves of Absence

Update to the policy published in the 2011–13 College Catalog:

Students in good standing may apply to the Office of the Registrar for a personal leave of absence. Applications must be submitted before the last day to withdraw from a course with a grade of W (refer to the academic calendar).

Leaves are normally not granted for first-year students, and seniors are advised not to interrupt their studies. When granted, a leave is usually for a maximum of two semesters. Permission to take a personal leave of absence includes the right to return without additional notification.

Posted Aug. 9, 2012