SELF SERVICE PASSWORD RESET MANAGER (SSRPM)
Welcome to Self Service Password Reset Manager (SSRPM)
Security of our computer systems and the information stored there is of critical importance to all of us. CTS is implementing a new and easier to use Password Reset tool called “Self Service Reset Password Manager” (SSRPM). Under SSRPM, when you forget your password, you can reset it by answering the personalized security questions you select. This simpler and easier than the current process (request a reset, a temporary PW is assigned, which you must change again immediately.)
After Enrolling in SSRPM and selecting your security questions, you can reset your password at any time.
Go to http://password.purchase.edu to get started by enrolling in SSRPM and selecting your security questions.
Security Questions you may choose include:
1. What was your childhood nickname?
2. In what city did you meet your spouse/significant other?
3. What is the name of your favorite childhood friend?
4. What street did you live on in third grade?
5. What is your oldest sibling’s middle name?
6. What school did you attend for sixth grade?
7. What was the name of your first stuffed animal?
8. What was the last name of your third grade teacher?
9. In what city does your nearest sibling live?
10. What is your maternal grandmother’s maiden name?
11. In what city or town was your first job?
12. What is the name of a college you applied to but didn’t attend?
13. What was your first car?
14. Where is your favorite place to vacation?
15. Where is your favorite spot in New York City?
16. What is your favorite game?
17. Who is your favorite artist?
18. What is your favorite song?
19. What was the name of your first pet?
20. What was your first supervisor’s name?
21. What year did your family first come to the United States?
After choosing three questions, you will also be asked to create your own personal security challenge/response question. After you enroll and choose your questions, you are done.
If you don’t enroll now, you will receive a reminder to enroll after a polite interval. When your password approaches its expiration date, you will receive the same email notices as you do now, and you can return to http://password.purchase.edu to change your password. You can also return to SSRPM at any time to either adjust your security questions and/or change your password.
How does Self Service Password Reset Manager (SSRPM) benefit me?
The service allows you to reset your forgotten password at any time, from any place. Security questions that you choose when you enroll in SSRPM are used to validate your identity and reset your password. It uses personalized questions that are easy for you to remember, providing a quicker path to password resets or changes than the previous method.
How does the Self Service Password Reset Manager work?
When you enroll, you will provide SSRPM with answers to several questions that you choose. When its time to reset your password, or if you forget your password, go to http://password.purchase.edu, answer the security questions you chose, and then choose a new password. The security questions should have responses that are easy for you to remember – and generally involve information that is not included in any commonly available public records.
What if I don't want my account to have this feature?
The previous mechanism that prompts you for birthdate/SSN and issues a cryptic temporary password - which you must then change again immediately – will remain available. This new method is easier because there's no cryptic temporary password step, you just answer your security questions and then choose a new password. Please see the Change Your Email Account Password page for information on using the old method.
Summary: It is easier and more secure than the old process. Big Gold Star! Everybody wins- Double Rainbow!
Email Password Reset (Student)
Email Password Reset (Faculty/Staff)
735 Anderson Hill Rd.
Purchase, NY 10577-1400
Tel (914) 251-6465
Fax (914) 251-6493