Audio Visual Equipment Loans
CTS has expanded the pool of equipment available to ALL students, faculty and staff, and simplified the process for borrowing equipment.
Unless noted otherwise, most CTS equipment can be borrowed at any time for a period of one week. While we will try to accommodate last-minute walk-in requests, we encourage you to reserve the equipment in advance. Please understand we are unable to fill requests made after 4:00 pm for the same day. Priority will be given to requests for academic purposes.
Once you've reserved equipment, it can be picked up and returned in SS0025. Hours the week of 6/23/14 are from 8am-9:45pm Monday-Thursday and 8am-6:45pm on Friday. The week of 6/30/14 and going forward, hours will be Monday-Thursday from 8am-7:45pm and 8am-4:45pm on Friday. There are currently no weekend hours for equipment pick up or return.
Equipment not picked up on the specified date will be returned to the pool and loaned to another student. Students will need to submit another request if they have not picked up reserved equipment on the specified date.
Please note that all communication with students will be done via his/her Purchase email account.
All equipment is bar-coded. Items returned after the due date may result in a late fee, a charge or hold being placed on your account, and denial of future equipment requests until fees are paid. Any broken, lost or missing components or accessories will result in a charge/hold being placed on your account for the dollar amount of the replacement item, possible suspension of printing privileges, and denial of future equipment requests until fees are paid and the charge/hold is lifted.
Please be advised that starting fall 2014, CTS will no longer be accepting payments for late fees or equipment replacement fees. The charges will be made to your semester bill and all payments will need to be made online through the myHeliotrope link on the campus Portal Page. Be aware that you cannot rent equipment again until the fees are paid. This also applies to requested increases in print management funds for the CTS managed computer labs.
Faculty should refer to the CTS Classroom Technology Services page for instructions on submitting classroom equipment requests.
Students should log into the CTS Work Order System to submit equipment requests.
Inventory of CTS Audio/Visual Equipment Available for Loan
(10) Sony HDR-HC9 Mini DV Camcorders (Hi-Def)- (replacement cost $800). Please be advised that these camcorders require tapes which are not supplied by CTS. Tapes can be purchased at a reasonable price from TapeStockOnline.
(47) Flip Ultra pocket Camcorders with mini-tripods (replacement cost $150)
(21) Nikon D90 Still Cameras (replacement cost $1400)
(3) Nikon D40 Still Cameras (replacement cost $500)
(16) Nikon D3100 Still Cameras (replacement cost $600)
(2) Canon FS-11 Digital Video Camcorders (replacement cost $480)
(2) Canon VIXIA HF21 Digital Video Camcorders (replacement cost $700)
(2) Nikon L19 Still Cameras (replacement cost $115)
(10) Canon VIXIA HF R11 Digital Video Camcorders (replacement cost $555)
(21) Sony HD HXR-MC50U Camcorders (replacement cost $1,320)
(22) Kodak PlayTouch Camcorders (replacement cost $150)
(11) Canon VIXIA HF G20 Camcorders (replacement cost $850)
(40) Olympus Digital Voice Recorders (replacement cost $40)
(6) Tascam DR-40 Digital Audio Recorders (replacement cost $200)
(2) Roland Digital Voice Recorders (replacement cost $450)
(3) H4 Zoom Handheld Digital Audio Recorders (replacement cost $250)
(20) ATR 55 Microphones (replacement cost $50)
(17) Audio Technica Pro24-CM Camera Condenser Microphones (replacement cost $80)
(5) Sony MDR-7506 Headphones (replacement cost $80)
(5) Audio-Technica Pro88W/T and Pro88W/R Wireless Microphone Transmitter/Receiver (replacement cost $270)
Tripods & Stands(62) Tripods w/ Bags (replacement cost $175)
(2) Panasonic DVX100B Package (replacement cost of camcorder $2,000)
(Plus Large Smith Victor Tripod, replacement cost $300) & Rhode Mic (replacement cost $300)
(1) Data Video SE-500 Video Switcher (replacement cost $960)
(4) Sanyo PLC-XU75 Projectors (replacement cost $600)
(1) Mitsubishi XD520U Projector (replacement cost $1000)
(4) Dukane 8755 Projectors (3000 lumens, 1024x768) (replacement cost $600)
(2) Dukane 8910 Projectors (replacement cost $600)
(2) Optoma 757 Projectors (replacement cost $600)
(1) NEC VT660 Projector (replacement cost $2,500)
(1) Cinego D-1000 Combination Projector and DVD Player (replacement cost $1,000)
(4) Coby DVD Player (replacement cost $40)
(4) Samsung LCD Display (24" screen) (replacement cost $300)
(6) LG LCD Display (32" screen) (replacement cost $430)
(1) Nikon S1000pj Still Camera/Mini Projector (replacement cost $425)
(2) Dell 4100 MP Projector (replacement cost $1,700)
Laptops and Tablet Computers
(2) Dell Vostro 1000 laptops (XP) (replacement cost $815)
(2) Dell Latitude E6400 Laptops (XP) (replacement cost $815)
(2) Dell Inspiron 6400 Laptops (XP) (replacement cost $815)
(3) Viewsonic G-Tablet with 10" Touch LCD Screen (Android OS) (replacement cost $350)
(5) Apple iPad 2 (iOS) (replacement cost $580)
(1) Apple iPad 1 (iOS) (replacement cost $350)
(3) Apple 13" Macbook (Mac OS) (replacement cost $900)
(5) Apple Mac Mini (Mac OS) (replacement cost $740)
(1) HP ProBook 6440b (Windows 7) (replacement cost $655)
(100) TP Link Wireless Nano Routers (replacement cost $25)
To Borrow CTS AV Equipment:
The instructions below pertain to student equipment requests only. Faculty should refer to the CTS Classroom Technology Services page for instructions on submitting classroom equipment requests.
You will be notified through the CTS Work Order System if your request has been approved or denied.
Please note that CTS may have to decline or cancel requests for a variety of reasons including previous reservations on record, lost or broken equipment, late returns, or any other reason.
Reserved equipment can be picked up at the CTS Helpdesk office (basement of Social Sciences building, Room 0025).
Please note that you MUST present your Purchase College ID (More Card) in order to pick up and return reserved equipment. If for any reason you are unable to return the borrowed equipment by the due date and time, please call CTS at 914-251-6465. By submitting the online form, you are agreeing to return the equipment in working order. Students failing to do so by the due date and time will be fined and charged for the cost of the item as well as a late fee, and may forfeit their privilege to use equipment in the future. All equipment is inspected before being loaned out, and upon return.
Email Password Reset (Student)
Email Password Reset (Faculty/Staff)
New CTS Hours!
First 2 weeks of semester:
Mon-Thur 8am-9:45pm, Fri 8am-6:45pm
Remainder of semester:
Mon-Thur 8am-7:45pm, Fri 8am-4:45pm
When classes are not in session:
(basement of Social Sciences Bldg)
Tel (914) 251-6465