The Office of Sponsored Research regularly offer the following training workshops:
- Grant Writing: This workshop will give you an understanding of the grants process from formulating an idea through receiving funding. Topics include credibility statements, needs assessments, proposal writing, and how to form a budget.
- Preparing a Grant Budget: Creating an accurate budget is often difficult when forming a proposal. This workshop will offer a step-by-step process to guide you through the budget formation process.
For either PowerPoint presentation, please contact the Office of Sponsored Research.
Online Training and Resources
- Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI)
- Tips and Resources from Grantors, Grants.gov
- Grant-Writing Tips for Graduate Students, Chronicle of Higher Education
- Sample Grant Proposals
- The Foundation Center’s Guide to Proposal Writing, 5th edition Audiobook (Free)
- Guide for Writing a Funding Proposal, S. Joseph Levine, PhD, Michigan State University
- A Guide for Proposal Writing, The National Science Foundation
- Proposal Writing Short Course, Foundation Center
- Proposal Budgeting Basics, Foundation Center
- On the Art of Writing Proposals, Social Science Research Council