All applications for sponsored program support are made by Purchase College through The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, also known as the Research Foundation for SUNY, RF-SUNY, RF or SUNY-RF. It is the largest, most comprehensive university-connected research foundation in the country, supporting nearly $1 billion in SUNY research activity annually.
The president of each campus designates one person to serve as the RF Operations Manager that oversee all aspects of research on their campuses and serve as liaisons between the campus and the Research Foundation Board of Directors’ Committee on Research, Entrepreneurship and Innovation. Purchase College’s OM is Edward Herran. He has the authority to approve applications that will be submitted on behalf of the Research Foundation for Purchase College, manage RF functions on the campus and oversees campus compliance.
From time to time, the RF provides funding open to SUNY faculty. OSR sends these funding opportunities out to faculty and staff, as applicable.
Policies are found here on the RF website. These include but are not limited to:
· Conflict of Interest Policy
· Electronic Records Management Policy
· Fringe Benefits Costs Recovery Policy
· Indirect Costs Recovery Policy
· Monitoring of Subrecipients Policy
· Patents and Inventions Policy of the State University of New York
· State University of New York Copyright Policy
· Protection of Intellectual Property Policy
· Computer Software Policy
· Guidelines for Implementing Federal Cost Accounting Standards