New Student Room Selection
Welcome to Purchase College!
On campus housing is offered to full time, matriculated students. All residents must attend class and be enrolled for a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester.
First year students will be assigned on a first come, first served basis as determined by the date that all of the following has been received by the college: the Enrollment Deposit (ED)($150), the Housing Deposit ($100) and the electronic Residence License Agreement (RLA). Assignments will be made based on the availability of spaces on campus. We cannot guarantee any student their preferred housing type, but we will do our best to accommodate these preferences. Once your enrollment deposit, housing deposit and RLA have been received, you will receive a Housing Assignment Notification Email. You will be notified of your actual room assignment in August.
We do not guarantee incoming transfer students on campus housing. Our office will begin to process transfer student housing applications on June 1st. You will be notified of the availability of housing after that day.
Instructions on Applying for Housing:
1. Go to my.purchase.edu
2. Click on myHeliotrope. (if you have not activated your Purchase Log in and password yet, you muct do this first at my.purchase.edu > Account Activiation
3. Pay your $150 Enrollment Deposit (click on Student Account to pay your $150 Enrollment deposit)
4. Pay your $100 Housing Deposit* (Click on the student box and then Housing and Dining options)
5. You will then recive an E-mail to you rPurchase E-mail account confirming you have paid the deposit. This is you receipt.
*Your housing deposit will be applied to the upcoming semester's room charge. Room deposits are refundable for residents withdrawing from campus residences only by the Office of Residence Life by the dates listed below:
FALL SEMESTER : Prior to June 1st for all students
SPRING SEMESTER : Prior to December 15th for new students (moving onto campus for the Spring semester only)
**IMPORTANT: The first-come-first-served eligibility is determined at the time you SUBMIT your RLA. Make sure you fully complete and submit the RLA ASAP so that we may process your application sooner.
Roommate Preferences for new students
- First Year students will be able to request roommate(s) (up to 3) during Summer Orientation. If you know anyone who is also attending Purchase as a freshman you may request to live with them. All students who wish to live together must be FIRST YEAR college students. These requests are generally accommodated. However, sometimes, based on gender breakdown and/or each students' RLA completion date, it may not be possible to accommodate all circumstances.
- Incoming transfer students will be unable to request roommates.