Peer tutoring is a great way to refresh your academic skills, build your teaching skills, and add relevant experience to your résumé. Tutoring offers flexibility; we work around your schedule to set convenient hours. During their first semester, tutors complete an internship for which they earn either 3 or 4 credits. After completion, interns may be hired as paid peer tutors. Both work study and non-work study students may be peer tutors.
In order to be considered for a tutor position, students must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Minimum B+ average in relevant coursework
- At least one faculty recommendation
- Enjoy working with different types of people and different skill levels
In order to remain in the position, every semester, students are required to:
- Maintain GPA and make satisfactory degree progress
- Attend training sessions offered by the Learning Center
- Demonstrate successful tutoring sessions
- Demonstrate professionalism
If you are interested in becoming a peer tutor, please submit a resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.