You can obtain mobile phones from Verizon, T-Mobile or AT&T. You will need two pieces of valid identification (for example, a passport and visa, student identification card, social security card or U.S. driver’s license).
General Questions When Obtaining a Phone:
1. Have you had prior service with ___________?
2. What is your last name? First name? Do you have middle initial?
3. What is your local address? What is your permanent home address?
4. What is your date of birth?
5. What is your social security number? (If you don’t have one, tell them the type of identification you are using and they will ask for those numbers.)
6. Where are you employed? What school do you attend?
7. Do you have a phone number where we can reach you?
8. Which long distance plan would you like?
International rates vary, so investigate the various plans offered to find the most suitable one for your needs. You might want to open a Skype account for international calling instead.
911 is the phone number for emergency assistance (6911 from campus phones) - police, fire, ambulance, etc.