Services for Staff and Faculty

In conjunction with Human Resources, International Programs and Services can process applications for H1-b (Temporary Worker), O-1 (Artists of Extraordinary Ability) or TN (Treaty NAFTA) visas.  General information on professional visas is also available.

In some cases the College may sponsor scholars or professionals for permanent residency.  Please discuss this issue with your supervisor and contact International Programs and Services for more information about how to get started. 

All SUNY applications are handled through the law firm of Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen and Lowy.  The US Citizenship and Immigration Services includes general information that may be helpful.

Social Security cards are required for employment in the United States and may be obtained after you have received your legal working status through a visa in your passport, or by being granted a change of status.  Please see the Social Security Administration website for general information.