As a current international student at Purchase College we hope you are settling in and finding the community a supportive, vibrant community. Some of the concerns of international students are unique, and deserve some extra attention and consideration. The staff in International Student Services at Purchase makes every attempt to advise and provide support related to these needs and concerns.
- Immigration : Advising and information about how to maintain compliance and stay legally in the U.S. while you pursue your studies at Purchase College.
- Finances - Financing an education in the U.S. can be daunting, confusing, and difficult. This Finances page explores some of the information and resources available for international students, studying in the U.S.
- Taxes - Students on both F and J visas are required to file a tax return during their stay in the U.S. Instrustions and links to tax forms may be found on the Taxes page of our site.
- ESL - Students for whom English is not their native language may be required to pariticpate in an ESL (English as a second language) Program. For information about the ESL program for non-native speakers of English, please see the ESL page.
- Personal Concerns - As you settle in to life here in the U.S., you will feel some degree of discomfort; we hope you'll utilize the resources, here, and feel free to stop by the International Programs and Services Office at any stage during your adjustment process.
- Health Insurance, etc. - Information about immunization requirements and Health Insurance requirements for the time that you are at Purchase College.
- Please complete an International Student Data sheet and submit it to the Office of International Programs and Serivces.
- OPT - Information and forms to apply for post-completion Optional Practical Training
- Social Security Number (SSN)- Information on obtaining a SSN