Creating a targeted academic plan is not only essential to your success as a fellowship applicant but as a student and academic. Take advantage of all the academic and research opportunities the Purchase College and SUNY communities have to offer.
When developing a course of study, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are the courses I am selecting challenging?
- Will these courses provide the skills necessary to succeed in the future?
- Does my course record illustrate my diverse interests?
- Am I taking a foreign language?
- Am I taking the courses necessary to successfully complete my senior thesis / project and receive College Honors?
- Have I taken a research course?
- Am I developing meaningful relationships with my professors and mentors?
- Do these courses reflect my personal motivations, talents, and values?
- Is there a meaningful link between my curriculum and future career and educational goals?
- Am I undertaking individual research projects with a faculty member?
There are many exciting research opportunities for interested students. Inquire with your faculty advisor to help find a faculty member pursuing your research interests.